Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Frightful Fodder


Well, here it is, the beginning of the annual candy fest:  Halloween!  Thankfully, some parents are searching for alternative fun and in case you didn't know, some dentists out there are actually buying candy from children to send to other unsuspecting victims.  If they were to just throw it in the trash it could be construed as a conflict of interest. 

Now I have learned there is new hope!  This year well-meaning dentists can send it to the ranchers in the Midwest who have taken to feeding candy to their beef cattle to fatten them for slaughter--a truly scary idea.

I'm not sure whether these meat producers have been misinformed as to proper animal husbandry, have no respect for their animals or the humans that consume them--or they are just greedy.  But hey, I guess that's the name of the game.  They developed that trait years ago as children when they went out to trick-or-treat. 

Videos: 
Big Sugar:  Sweet, White and Deadly   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hcAjyOFX1M
Sugar:  The Bitter Truth   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM 

No comments: