Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Candida Warrior Recipe.... 




For those of you who are scrambling to find a seasonal food for a healthy diet, this is it!  Breakfast, lunch or dinner, it's a meal in itself.  Yeah, I know rhubarb and strawberry combinations have been around for a long time, but it's the no-wheat, no-sugar, no-milk super-power crunch that makes the difference here.

The original came from one of my favorite web sites below:  Radiant Life 
As usual, I have tweaked it to my own liking:
 
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUNCH
 
Chop up four stalks of rhubarb (about 2 cups) and 2 cups of strawberries.
Add zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2 lemon.  (Stir in 6 tablespoons xylitol or sprinkle powdered stevia extract to taste if you want it sweeter.) 
Mix and place into a 9x9 baking dish.

Place in a blender:
1 cup of sprouted nuts.  (Here's where I had fun.  I used a mixture of almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.  Then I threw in 2 scoops of Garden of Life Super Seed which includes: flax seed meal, whole chia seed, cinnamon and sprouts of amaranth, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, garbanzo bean, kidney bean, lentil, adzuki, flax, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, sesame.)

Add 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut to the nuts and chop briefly in your blender.

Mix together:
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
a sprinkle of stevia, opt.

Stir nuts, coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon and ginger together and spread over fruit mixture in pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Serve warm or cold.
Top with coconut milk, opt.

 The Lord of the Manor and our favorite son named Matthew liked it.  (We have three favorite sons.)

I hope you like it too!


http://blog.radiantlifecatalog.com/bid/64759/Grain-Free-Strawberry-Rhubarb-Crumble-with-organic-coconut?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=8608203&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9QALMkLHV8HdvTl0m9KHK5bLOTSVsvm1j9LXJp9Es9tXbxgCgnVds7m-W6Oln3dIK_sRIi32wV9CqXeNYl9LZwONlr7A&_hsmi=8608203



No comments: