got coconut milk?
Want a great food to feed kids ~ especially allergic kids? Try the products from coconut. Regular grocery stores are now selling much more coconut milk, coconut "cream" and coconut oil. It's miraculous stuff. Coconut oil is the best oil for cooking and it's great for massaging into your skin. I spread it on muffins and eat it raw! I use (Thai Kitchen) canned coconut milk (more like cream) to make chocolate candy, cake and brownies. I use it to make fruit salad with coconut flakes. It can be thinned and used in any recipe that requires a milk product! (With a snub to The Idaho Dairyman's Association, it won't make you SICK!)
See The Truth About Coconut PDF Version
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10013.htm
And for those of us who are "getting up there," consider coconut as brain food. The brain needs lots of saturated fat and coconut oil may be the best saturated fat available! (See Stop Alzheimer's Now by Dr. Bruce Fife.) Is the epidemic of Alzheimer's a result of the "low-fat diet" we grew up on? Hmm....
This recipe is my candy:
CHOCOLATE CASHEW COCONUT BALLS
Mix:
1/2 cup cocoa powder (may use part carob powder)
1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk (canned)
1/2 cup cashew nut butter
sprinkle powdered stevia extract to sweeten
Roll into balls and roll balls in unsweetened coconut flakes. Refrigerate or freeze. Makes 15 balls.
1 comment:
mmmm I love coconut! This all sounds good to me!
Post a Comment